why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 3 17:19:02 UTC 2007

Luis Villa schrieb:
> On 1/3/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>> Thx Luis, I liked you mail. Some comments from my side:
>> On 03.01.2007 09:59, Luis Villa wrote:
>>> * QA: Ubuntu aggressively pushes people to use their development
>>> branch and report problems, which leads to better, more stable final
>>> releases. [...]
>> Agreed. The biggest problem we have in this regard IMHO is that we
>> always communicate "you can't get to stable release from rawhide or a
>> test release". That scares people aways from the devel branch and the
>> test releases. We should provide a clean solution so people at least can
>> get from test3 to stable.
> No, you should provide a clean path from every package ver X to every
> package ver X+1. Period. [...]

Actually I'd like to see this, too, but Fedora people seem to be so
unwilling to support something like that so I tried the "better ask for
something that's not that hard to realize and lies between the current
solution and the best/ideal solution; maybe then the chances to get what
we ask for are higher and it make one big part of the problem go away,
even if parts of the problem remain"-approach ;-)

CU
thl