why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 17:53:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 11:14:59PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

 > * What is the primary driving force of Fedora development today?
 >    RHEL

In some ways I think this is over exaggerated.
A lot of the really cool stuff tha that happens in Fedora
has had zero input from RHEL-focused folks in Red Hat.

To use one example: Suspend support was something me and Jeremy
thought would be cool to hack on, so we just did it.
This sort of thing happens a lot more often than Fedora gets
credit for.  Yes, sometimes mandated things like Xen come
down the pipe, but its really the minority case.

For the most part, it's less of a "we want xyz in rhel x+1" and
more "what's happened upstream/in fedora for the next rhel?"

For RHEL5, Xen is pretty much the only RHEL driven feature
that ended up in Fedora.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk