The QA Problem

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 03:09:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 08:05 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 14:41 -0500, Will Woods wrote:
> > Problem #1: Testing currently requires a lot of skill, which reduces
> > usable manpower.
> >
> > We lack how-to-test documents, so each tester must know how to set up
> > and test any given package/feature on his own. New features don't
> > necessarily come with much documentation (e.g. iSCSI).
> >
> > - Possible solution(s): More docs would lower the barrier to entry.
> > Setting up an official Fedora QA group will help keep track of team
> > strength and help everyone work together.
>
> FWIW, the Docs team is willing to help with this part to the extent we
> can.  Since we don't know your methodology, it's significantly harder to
> draft this ourselves. :-)  Getting the stuff into maintainable, easily
> digestible form and publishing/advertising it, though, we can and should
> help do.

+1

The size and capability of the Documentation Project has grown a bit
recently.  A call to arms on a high priority item such as supporting QA
documentation efforts is sure to raise some good resources.  Otherwise,
we have the tools, processes, localization, and editorial help you'll
need.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project