Re: Codec buddy and Free software

David Nielsen wrote:
ons, 18 07 2007 kl. 20:19 +0530, skrev Rahul Sundaram:

I would like to get comments on whether folks here are favorable to pointing to a third party repository from codec buddy (with appropriate warnings and disclaimers). If this is considered something we wanted to do we will consult with Red Hat legal to verify that is a legally safe choice for us. Comments?

If we are going to do this it should be amply documented on the wiki why
we can now take this step after spending so much time saying it would be
a legal risk for Fedora.

The legal risk might have changed as I explained earlier in this mail.

Just to avoid confusion and additional FUD. We
definitely should try to avoid repeating the Mono inclusion
communication problem, we get enough bad press as it is.

Of course. I am starting with a public discussion. If we decide to do this, I would document everything clearly.

Rahul