The Multimedia Question

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 23:39:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 00:36 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> Yum mind you also installs proprietary software, should we make that
> work only on Fedora approved software as well?

The difference here is that we're not enabling yum to point to repos of
proprietary software out of the box.

We'd be doing that with codec buddy, if we linked to proprietary Fluendo
bits. I've got no problem with codec buddy saying:

I'm sorry! You just tried to play a .WMV file. There are currently no
known free software implementations for Microsoft Evil Evil Codec.

~spot