Re: The Multimedia Question

Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa redhat com) said:
> I don't like the fact that we have to have firmware without source.
> However, firmware is a far more necessary evil than enabling Windows
> Media file support.

How is enabling users the ability to access their own data more evil
than enabling users the ability to use their own hardware?

If the only legal way for a user to access their own data is via
software that comes with a patent license, I don't have that big of
an issue pointing to that along with whatever brainwashing/education/beethoven
we want to subject them to.

Bill