Re: The Multimedia Question

On 7/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:24:01 -0600
> "Stephen John Smoogen" <smooge gmail com> wrote:
>

>> No you can't. Fedora is a sponsored project by Red Hat. Thus Red Hat
>> could be held libel for the actions of something called Fedora that is
>> acting under the auspices of that sponsored organization. We are back
>> to needing legal counsel before this would be able to go any further
>> (if at all.)

Sure. We are going to ask legal anyway but the question is how can we
call something Fedora if it's not in our CVS which is not a legal
question and that is what I was responding to.

Actually it is a legal question when dealing with the 'implicit'
trademark of Fedora. What constitutes what the name Fedora means and
what does not. Currently what is located inside of THE CVS repository
and built on THE build machines constitutes what people inside and
outside of RH/Fedora as beign Fedora. Having a second set dilutes this
trademark/image which has legal implications.