The Multimedia Question

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 03:28:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:17:00 -0500
Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:

> meaning, fedora-logos can't just be removed (-fedora-logos in your
> %packages list in a kickstart file), but must be *replaced* with
> something, if you want your result to run Gnome or boot from a hard
> disk (grub).  Maybe we could fix those packages to not rpm
> Require: system-logos?  I know the upstream projects don't Require:
> system-logos, as they're used on a wide variety of distros (e.g.
> compiz, grub, gdm aren't Fedora-unique).

If you don't have fedora-logos installed, these things won't show a
graphic as they are configured when built for Fedora IIRC.  That's why
you'd replace it with a system-logos or your own logo pack that
provides system-logos so that you can easily (or at least this was the
idea) re-brand the bits for your own needs.  We need some people
policing this, as I've seen our logo wind up in other packages like
httpd and revisor, and I don't think it's all that easy to drop in
replace fedora-logos these days to re-brand.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora