Upcoming FESCo Election

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 18:00:23 UTC 2007

I wanted to take the time to write a long response but haven't gotten to
that and think that this needs at least _some_ response.

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 07:11 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 31.05.2007 18:03, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > It's that time of year again.  Everyone that wants to be in the next
> > FESCo needs to nominate him/herself for it by June 12, 2007 0:00 UTC;
> > that self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
> > Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".
>
> I think it's to early to have that election; the Board (together with
> FESCo) still didn't clarify what FESCo will be responsible for and where
> other groups (release engineering for example) are in the hierarchy of
> the whole game. That should be solved *before* a proper election is held
> IMHO, as that is highly relevant.

I tend to agree here... it's important for the upcoming Board election
as well.  And so the Board has started down the road of getting a
proposal out.  But LinuxTag and Fedora 7's release kind of put a speed
bump in front of things there.  I could definitely see an argument for
delaying the election for that and probably would have said we should go
later when fesco was discussing things, but I thought we'd have this out
of the way by now :-/

Jeremy