governance, fesco, board, etc.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 18:23:18 UTC 2007

> Max Spevack wrote:
> > (1) Features, led by John Poelstra.  This group tracks feature
> > development (from spec through code) for various things that we'd like
> > to have end up in Fedora at some point.
>
> I think this proposal is solid but I would like to have a clarification
> here. Is John Poelstra going to arbitrate features or just going to keep
> track of them? If he is keeping track of these features how do they end
> up in the features list? Are they going to get proposed and added by
> various teams and SIG's within Fedora or they driven by a higher level
> group? A combination of both of these?

I think John (as the "head/chair" of the feature group) is doing a lot
of tracking -- but also probably making sure that features that are put
on the list actually meet the criteria for being a release feature.
Things like "someone is committed to doing the work" and "the work is
reasonable based on the schedule"

> If there are disputes regarding the features being proposed or the
> schedule between releases (A strict schedule would avoid this problem
> unless we want to change it for a particular release as a exception), is
> it the responsibility of FESCo or Fedora Board to arbitrate on them?

FESCo generally

Jeremy