Re: governance, fesco, board, etc.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 15:31 -0400, Tim Burke wrote:

"high level goals is a very broad term", so it may well cover what I'm
thinking...  Most of this discussion and detail is about the mechanics
of putting out a release.  I think another major objective of the board
is less about release production and more about community. Such as
broading adoption, making things approachable for growing communities.
I know you guys do spend a lot of time on that, so I think its useful to
have some mention in the charter responsibilities of the board that
there a lot of outreach involved.

+1

Fedora is so much more than just a Linux distro ... :)

I too believe that the board should continue to increase its attention to community empowerment and enablement rather than technical issues/decisions. "Community" not as in not-Red-Hatters-developers, but as "contributors and users of Fedora -- present and future, and their potential -- small or large".

Yes, an emphatic +1. This was, I would say, so obvious a requirement to me as I was writing it that I didn't even bother to write it down. Everything starts with community building and goes from there.

--Max