rawhide and Fedora QA [was Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM]

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sun Jun 10 03:47:04 UTC 2007

Returning to an old rant, where I described some of the reasons I was
still using Ubuntu:[1]

On 1/3/07, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> * QA: Ubuntu aggressively pushes people to use their development
> branch and report problems, which leads to better, more stable final
> releases. At the time I chose to use Ubuntu, people were not just not
> encouraged, but actively discouraged from using rawhide. This is
> improving...

When I went looking for rawhide information tonight, I found it
impossible to find, so maybe I take back what I said about the
situation improving :/ Try googling for 'fedora rawhide', or 'rawhide
site:fedoraproject.org' and see what you get.

What is up with that? I ask here because it could be a web or
marketing team problem (page exists, but needs SEO love) or because it
could be a QA team problem (page forgotten about?[2] page not deemed
to be required?)

Whatever the cause/responsibility for the problem, it seems like a
critical problem to fix.[3]

Luis

[1] I'm now running F7.
[2] free tip: on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA rawhide should be
more prominent than, say, CLAs. CLAs don't help find bugs. Also, it
would help if rawhide were mentioned *at all*. :)
[3] Am willing to lecture on the criticality of the problem at great
length if necessary, but I assume it should be self-evident for most
here.