governance, fesco, board, etc.

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jun 13 07:43:09 UTC 2007

On 12.06.2007 21:22, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:10:59 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers
>
> [...]The strange table layout makes it worse.

Back then when I created it as draft there were lots of people that said
"I like the new layout much better" so I made it the new front page.
When I was FESCo chair I kept an eye on it, but I have enough to do with
EPEL these days so I stopped.

Anyway:

> [...] Meanwhile the page is crowded.

Yes, since then lot's of stuff got added, and it yet again needs
somebody to clean up that mess.

> Nobody with expertise on creating
> quality web page seems to have the final say about it.

I multiple times on the list proposed that we need one or two "wiki
masters" with Packaging knowledge that coordinate the different efforts
in Packaging/, PackageMaintainers/ and Extras/; but this is a volunteer
based project and nobody stepped up afaics (and it seems FESCo doesn't
care to much about it either these days).

CU
thl