governance, fesco, board, etc.

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 21:07:22 UTC 2007

> My interpretation of this incident: "system failure". Whatever this
> system is - be it automatic, be it human.

I think it's time to bring this fight (and thread) to an end.

Was there a bug in the infrastructure that allowed a bad kernel to be
released?  Yes.

Is that a Bad Thing?  Yes.

Is it indicative of some Fundamental Flaw in Everything We Do in Fedora?
No.

Have people taken accountability?  Yes.  And that is the most important
part.

Do people need to be sacked over it?  No.

Does the process that let this happen need to be fixed?  Yes.  I think
everyone has acknowledged that.

Are people actively working on fixing it?  Yes.

So enough is enough.  Let's all just keep going about our business.  The
level of defensiveness coming from all sides on this thread isn't
healthy overall for Fedora.

--Max