governance, fesco, board, etc.

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jun 15 03:10:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 22:29 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:35:22 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > Yes, for many things and many cases things are working quite well.  There are
> > > some rough spots, nobody is saying it's perfect, but to say that it's
> > > completely non-functional is just bologna.
> > Then let me ask directly: How could it happen that this kernel package
> > was released?
> >
> > My interpretation of this incident: "system failure".
> > Whatever this system is - be it automatic, be it human.
> >
> > IMO, EVR breakages and repo inconsistency are avoidable and would expect
> > Michael to have scripts for this.
>
> As I don't completely understand that sentence, just to make one thing
> clear, I'm not involved in F7 update releases at all.
You have been posting reports of EVR breakages/broken package deps in
FC+FE for a long time and therefore thought you to have scripts to
perform such repo-consistency checks automatically.

Running such a script on a repo + "the packages to be pushed" before
pushing the new packages would have caught this case.

Ralf