What do we think of this?

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 17:47:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> They have "non-free" as in not open source in different repos, but
> "non-free" as in "against US law" while it is still opensource may not
> be in a different repo.  That said, even if the non-free stuff is in a
> different repo, they still maintain that repo and can coordinate the
> deps across and such.  Fedora by nature makes it so that the non-free
> stuff has to exist outside the Fedora umbrella where we have no control
> over the repo and no good integration.

Surely it's not in the interests of the 3rd party repos to contribute to
Fedora breakage.  Right?

Is it *theroetically* possible to have a set of standards that unofficial
repos could follow to be less likely to break us?  And if so, what
prevents those standards from being created, and met?

Maybe these are stupid questions -- but I like putting stupid questions on
the record.

--g