LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue May 1 15:37:13 UTC 2007

Alexandre Oliva schrieb:
> On May  1, 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>  [...]
>> As the latter is not possible easily yet
> Why not?  AFAIK gNewSense folks published their tool to extract the
> all non-Free firmware from the kernel.

Yeah, I was a bit unclear here; to be more specific:

It it possible to remove the firmware bits from recent kernels and ship
them as a separate packages, so those users that need the firmware can
simply install them and everything works?

I don't want to leave those users outside in the cold. They need a
solution IMHO before targeting a Firmware-Free spin is worth the trouble.

> [...]

CU
thl