Re: Everything spin?

On May  9, 2007, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> On May  7, 2007, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
>>
>>> Mirror space:  I think we can do a torrent only release and let any
>>> mirrors carry it if they want to.
>>
>> jigdo

> Not a answer for Fedora 7 unless someone works on it
> immediately.

What do you mean?  jigdo *is* in Fedora Extras already.

It's just a matter of running it, and it can even be done after the
isos are spun.  From the point of view of the user, all it takes is an
http server, as usual, so no infrastructure work is needed.  Unless
you mean jigdo should run as part of the iso spins.

Here's the script I've been using myself to create jigdo images of
Fedora ISOs, to save space in my local mirrors, using an old jigdo
binary I've downloaded many many moons ago.  I haven't tried it with
the Fedora Extras version of jigdo.

If there's interest in using it, or portions thereof, I hereby license
it under GPLv2+.

It does not remove jigdo-file-cache.db; this has to be done
separately.