Separating licensing policy from packaging guidelines

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu May 17 07:26:52 UTC 2007

On May 16, 2007, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Does this splitting up the legal section into a separate policy
> document managed by Fedora Project Board sense to folks here? I can
> present a draft.

Yes, it makes a lot of sense to me, thanks for bringing this up.

FWIW, this was one of the various issues I still felt I needed
feedback on before submitting a draft with the process you're
insisting that I follow, but that you just turn around and refrain
from following.  Good thing we're on the same page, after all.

Even though you've unilaterally took this effort out of my hands, I'll
note that I have no objections to this move, and I'll point that I
will provide you with a copy of the text that I've worked on and that
I'm waiting for feedback from other FSFes on as soon as I get it.

I'm sorry that it's taken so long.  I'm actually happy that you
couldn't wait, it's this kind of excitement that we need ;-)

Best regards,