Re: summary of firstboot and EULA changes in Fedora 7

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On May 17, 2007, Max Spevack <mspevack redhat com> wrote:
or modifying this code.

Not quite.  Even the most liberal Free Software licenses establish a
few restrictions on modifications you can make, such as not granting
permission to remove or modify the license and the copyright notices.
In particular, the GPLv2 itself does, so this statement is
inconsistent with the license in the paragraph before it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GPL (and I think all the other common cases) puts a restriction on distribution, not on modification. You can take the copyright notices out all you like as long as you never pass the code along.

--
  Peter