summary of firstboot and EULA changes in Fedora 7

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun May 20 00:07:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 15:57 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May 18, 2007, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> > The legal team for the company you work for has approved this.
>
> Now we know this is true, so I'm no longer concerned, and I'll go
> study copyrights on collections, since my lack of knowledge on this
> topic is showing ;-)

I've experienced several situations where our smart software developers
have identified a potential problem that our smart lawyers didn't think
of.  As a consequence, legal documents got changed.[1]

One thing that makes our lawyers rock is that, in understanding the open
collaborative process, they gain from it.  One doesn't have to be a
lawyer to have good ideas about improving a legal document. :)

- Karsten

[1] Which is why this shirt was designed, to honor the fine mind of Mr.
van Riel:

http://www.cafepress.com/quaid.58209160
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project