codec buddy pain

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 4 20:27:50 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/256974/
>
> Btw - in the interview they mention further integration of the webstore
> into codeina/codecbuddy. If it starts looking like we're pushing closed
> source software then that, imo, is when codeina gets dumped out of the
> distribution.
>
> I don't care about needles and I don't want to ween the addicts off.

Another related point is that Rhythmbox is the default media player
while Codec Buddy only works with totem (ie) the kind of users who most
benefit from such features will not get it since the default action
wouldn't bring this feature up at all.

Did Red Hat Legal ever respond to the question of pointing to other
repositories yet?

Rahul