Re: codec buddy pain

> Can't we all please stop the alarmist tone, and just try codeina once,
> before continuing this discussion ? I am surprised how much of this
> discussion seems to be based on hearsay or reading reviews.

Another piece of hearsay:

http://fedora-tutorials.com/2007/11/07/pow-codec-buddy/

The sequence shown in that post has no Board-approved dialog pop-up.  It
seems to be the standard codeina -- pop a dialog that gives the option
to get some non-free codecs, then walk the user through a purchasing
situation.

Is that review based on an old version?

I won't go into all the things that disturb me if that is an accurate
review based on current packages; I'll do as you ask, and wait to find
out.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.