Legal update

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 16 14:23:12 UTC 2007

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 13:56 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham wrote:

>>> ... in what way? The codeina codec list is included in the packaging.
>> In the initial dialog box perhaps? I don't know what would be the most
>> appropriate thing to do.
>
> You cannot link to livna/RPM Fusion from within a package, RH Legal was
> very clear on that. You can link to the Fedoraproject.org page that
> links to it, but not directly to it.

I had the impression that it was about linking to the repository package
directly instead of just the website? If even linking to the website
itself from a dialog box in codeina is not ok with Red Hat Legal, we
could either update http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CodecBuddy or in the
second dialog where it lists the Fluendo codecs, we could introduce a
new link that says "click here for free alternatives" or something
similar. Is that ok?

Rahul