Legal update

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 15:40:57 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
>> Then don't repeatedly ask 'can we do X' when informed that the software
>> can't do X.
>
> If we wanted to do this, obviously the software could be modified. The
> question again boils down to do we want to do this?

That's not what I'm talking about.

Spot said very clearly that *the software can not link to the third
party repo.*

You have then asked if, and I quote:

- "we could link to RPM fusion from codeina" (i.e., link to the third
  party repo from the software (codeina))
- "[we could link to the repo] in the initial dialog box perhaps?" (i.e.,
  linking to the repo from the dialog box, which is part of the software)
- "linking to the [rpmfusion] webiste itself from a dialog box in codeina"
  (i.e., linking to a third party repo from a dialog box, which is part of
  the software)
- "in the second dialog where it lists the Fluendo codecs, we could introduce
  a new link [to the third party repo] that says..." (i.e., link from
  the dialog, which is part of the software, to the third party repo)

So, asking 'if we want to do this' is silly, as every example you've given
is *exactly what we were told we could not do.*

Bill