Legal Update

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 20:24:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 10:57 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 8:25 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's what I think is hilarious about this whole debate:  People who
> > want support for feature/codec/package X still have to find out how to
> > do that.  Where do they find out, if we don't publish it on our official
> > one-click page?

"If you are having troubles getting some technology to work with Fedora,
it may be because we cannot ship that software due to legal or moral
reasons.  You may find solutions to your problems <here> or <here> or
perhaps <here>.  You can read up more about <why>."

Then we rely upon the $here folks to direct people properly once they
get there.  Heck, it could even be a new, special Fedora landing page.

> Too many pronouns I'm not following so I'm not sure exactly what part
> of your logic I should be shaking my fist at in rage. I want to shake
> my fist and foam and the mouth and yell at you, but I can't figure out
> why.

Huh^3?

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.