Legal Update

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 19 16:33:43 UTC 2007

On 19.11.2007 16:09, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:23:58 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> 3) Another dialog which offers the Fluendo codecs/ "Click here for
>> alternatives"
>> 4) User chooses to click on alternatives link
>> 5) Gets directed to Fedora wiki page which has a link to RPM Fusion
> This part smells a lot like having a "reason" why these other repos
> exist (like what kind of content are within) which is verboten.

Besides that: it smells a bit like "this solution is preferred, the
other one not". Is that what we want?

That actually a interesting point in general. E.g. if I start a new
fluendo-competition company tomorrow can I get my own codeina-like app
into Fedora? Or modify codeina so it points to my webshop as well?

IOW: Maybe we should create a webpage in the fedoraproject wiki. Then
instead of having codeina directly offering the solution for playing
popular multimedia formats let it direct users to the wiki page. Let
that one list the different solutions side by side with links to
homepage from foo and bar; those then can have "click here to use our
offerings" and "for playing baz afterwards run foobar install foobaz"

CU
knurd