Re: predictable releases Halloween and May Day (was: Re: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Releases/9/Schedule" by JesseKeating)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

Oops. It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays. It's a lot easier to get the press to pay attention to us early in the week rather than later. I just forgot to change the month when I changed the day.

In order to be responsive to Red Hat marketing/PR's request that major things like releases happen earlier in the week rather than later, we are moving the release day from Thursday to Tuesday.

The Tuesday closest to May 1 2008 is April 29th, and so that is the initial Fedora 9 target.

Similarly, the Tuesday closest to Halloween 2008 is October 28th, and that is probably what we will shoot for next year.

--Max