Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 18:35:14 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> What are you really looking for the board to say here?  "We want it."
> Ok, then what?  Work still has to get done, and there is still nobody
> volunteering to do it.

"We want it" is fine since realistically when you are managing a largely
volunteer group, all that you can do is express is your ideas and
motivations behind it. Board did that last week or so with the request
for a CD set from the next release onwards. We don't have to assume that
nobody would be interested. As Thorsten said in the recent discussions
in fedora-devel list about FESCo, merely expressing the desire can get
others motivated to do it and it is a important thing for us to continue
doing periodically. If people don't, that's ok since we would have a
clear open request for help. This is one of the ways in which higher
level groups can drive the direction of the project.

Rahul