Hosting and Supporting GIT conversion of Fedora CVS to enable downstream development efforts and distributions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 28 19:20:51 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> What the Board needs to figure out is how to make it possible to make
> the Fedora brand a big enough tent to encompass services that are not
> internally hosted, in an equitable manner.

This involves figuring out which of the community setup services which
the board needs to endorse as part of the Fedora brand and that involves
some amount of rubber stamping IMO. Whether it is setup internally or
hosted externally is really a implementation detail if we all have a
better understanding of the kind of the things the Fedora Board
collectively wants to see happen (ie) vision and that is the
communication and direction that I am really asking for apart from
whatever routine short term management of the project.

Encourage people to host
> community services, give credit where credit is due, and give these
> external community services some credibility as being an outgrowth of
> the project and some recognition as to the effort being made
> regardless as whether the service is adopted/co-opted by the Fedora
> project officially .

Agreed. As part of these, we should look into the kind of activities
that help the Fedora "ecosystem" and not just the direct benefits for
the project. Linking to Creative Commons from start.fp.o as an example
of what we have already done along those lines.

Rahul