Re: early coverage of fedora 8

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:

"sermon"
"Functionality aside, the introduction of a special relationship between
a community distribution and a company is one that may leave many users
uneasy."

Bruce Byfield is a sharp dude.

Note that he's complaining about the sermon that the board specifically asked for.

Yeah, but he cares about different things. He doesn't have to like the sermon. He just has to understand what *we* care about.

The actual "sermon" has changed a bit so that it is more explanatory. Refer http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia/Codeina. We haven't heard back from Red Hat Legal yet on whether it is possible to link to any third party repository as a alternative. So this appears to be only legally safe choice for us. Not a very comfortable one nevertheless.

Rahul