Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 18:09:57 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:

> Well from the Infrastructure side come up with a secure, reproducible
> mechanism to get your bits to us.  I'm not that familiar with
> revisor/pungi but is there a way to create a spin then save the configs,
> give it to us to re-create?

Yes, of course.

"Copy the following into a .ks file. Adjust the repository configuration
if needed and as root user, run

# livecd-creator --config <games.ks> "

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive

If so then I guess we'd just need to create
> an SCM where you (and others) could send their configs once they're
> approved.  At first I can only imagine a handful of spins that,
> hopefully, change rarely (like per release).  If thats the case I think
> we could commit some resources to doing it manually until the final
> solution is figured out[1].  I think that seems reasonable since, in the
> future, it'd probably be very similar except the building part would be
> automated.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds like a start to me. Would this result in a torrent only release?
Do I have to the approval of Fedora Board to call this "Fedora Games Spin"?

Rahul