Fedora Games Spin : Requesting Board Approval

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 10:19:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:34:24 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> If both live cd tools and pungi can take kickstart files as input
> then has any thought been given on the possibility of merging them.
> At this point they look too similar to be separate tools to me and
> maybe you can share more code that way too.

That's something of a long term goal, but when you dig deep into it
they really are different things.  The common code that can be shared
is config file parsing (they both use pykickstart, so mission
accomplished somewhat), yum object creation, maybe some code sharing in
mkisofs calls for creating bootable isos out of directories, and that's
about it.  The crux of what these tools do is different enough that
mashing them together isn't necessarily the best of ideas.

--
Jesse Keating