Elected/Appointed Board

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 11:32:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:48 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> although
> interestingly we have no wholly elected lower house who holds greater
> power than the upper house; in fact, it's the reverse!

Actually we have FESCo, the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee, which
is wholly elected, and often the place where real decisions get made.
The Fedora board is good at setting high level goals and desires, but it
really comes down to FESCo and the other committees (like releng,
packaging, spins, etc...) to turn that high level ideal into tangible
decisions and direction.

--
Jesse Keating