naming discussion for Fedora community grid project (previously aka Fedora at Home)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:27:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Bryan Che <bche at redhat.com> wrote:
> It turns out that "Turbine" and "Sandman" are taken too.  So, John Adams is
> going to help us out again and get some additional names screened from a
> legal standpoint.

Trellis is taken?

how about 'smelter'? As in a machine which fuses raw materials
together and produces refined metals.. like a copper smelter. We'd be
a computational smelter.

On the ore theme... how about 'pestle'?  Our cpus grind away like
pestles, pulverizing intractably large problems into grains of usable
information.

-jef