Fedora Project Board Recap 2008-07-29

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 23:12:46 UTC 2008

Jon Stanley said the following on 08/02/2008 11:56 AM Pacific Time:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I could have sworn that the feature process this time around would
>> generate a tracking bug for each feature, which would then be attached
>> to the release blocker bug, providing a very easy breakdown of release
>> threatening bugs by feature.
>
> Yeah, I thought so too. Whose responsibility is it to create the
> tracker? The feature owner? FESCo once the feature is approved?  The
> Feature Wrangler at some point? I think that the problem here is that
> we set down a guideline without specifying clear procedures as to how
> to implement that guideline, so everyone thinks that the "other guy"
> is doing it.

I agreed to create the tracking bug for features that were accepted
during the feature policy review for Fedora 10.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page....

I will create a new bug for the associated component and assign a
keyword of "Tracking" and have it block the F10Beta and F10 Blocker?
Does this make sense?

John