Request for Trademark Approval (BrOffice.org Spin)

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:21:49 UTC 2008

Hello!

As one of the steps to get the BrOffice.org Spin approved for Fedora 10
this request will clarify some points about the spin concept, also
described in the Spin Feature Page [1].

BrOffice.org Spin is intended to provide a Brazilian Portuguese
localized LiveCD in order to offer to the users a nice and consistent
option to get BrOffice.org in Fedora.

BrOffice.org is the Brazilian official brand and NGO for OpenOffice.org.
There is already a company named OpenOffice in Brazil so they had to
change the name.

This spin is based on fedora-livecd-desktop.ks from Kickstart Pool and
follows the guidelines of the Spin SIG as approved by them [2]. We do
not use any external package neither change the original behavior of
applications. Everything is in Fedora Rawhide repositories and I'm
building it weekly to see how it goes.

You can have access to the Kickstart file here:
http://igor.fedorapeople.org/BrOffice.orgSpin/fedora-livecd-broffice.org.ks

All the observations made so far by the Spin SIG were committed to the
kickstart file.

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BrOffice.orgSpin
[2]http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-spins/2008-August/000062.html

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares
Brazilian Portuguese Localization Coordinator