Request for Trademark Approval (BrOffice.org Spin)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 14:57:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 16:21 -0300, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Hello!
>
> As one of the steps to get the BrOffice.org Spin approved for Fedora 10
> this request will clarify some points about the spin concept, also
> described in the Spin Feature Page [1].

This seems very straightforward to me (a "no brainer".)  All of the hard
work was already done by BrOffice.org.  Thanks to everyone for resolving
this.

Two quick questions, please pardon my ignorance if these are already
covered in the spin process:

1. The .ks file includes replacing Fedora logos with the generic logo
set.  Are you reverting that to use Fedora logos when you get the
trademark approval?

2. The .ks removes the 'codeina' package to save space.  Is those going
to break the user's experience compared to stock Fedora, when that user
tries to play a media file without the codecs installed?

I haven't looked to see if we've replaced the need for codeina yet, so
this might not even be a valid concern.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41