Request for Trademark Approval (BrOffice.org Spin)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Aug 14 15:54:48 UTC 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> 1. The .ks file includes replacing Fedora logos with the generic logo
> set.  Are you reverting that to use Fedora logos when you get the
> trademark approval?

That is going to be the case, yes. Before Board trademark approval is
final, we cannot have the kickstart in our little secret GIT repo
(soonish also a package) if it's not properly re- or debranded, and when
the Board does approve trademark usage we remove the re/debranding.

> 2. The .ks removes the 'codeina' package to save space.  Is those going
> to break the user's experience compared to stock Fedora, when that user
> tries to play a media file without the codecs installed?

I'll leave this one to Igor ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip