Business card design

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Aug 16 10:14:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 17:04 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I originally advocated for that too, with the ID being boldface at the
> end (nice design touch I saw elsewhere).  But I think there was a
> concern about the text length.

The whole point is the text length.

It's not impossible to generate another key with the same ID. It is
considered impossible to generate another key with the same fingerprint.

Putting the key ID on the card is pointless -- that's what the public
key servers exist for. And you have to get the key from one of those
anyway.

It's the _fingerprint_ we need, because if you've been handed my card in
person, and the fingerprint matches, then you know you can _trust_ the
key you've downloaded.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation