Request for Trademark Approval (Fedora AOS Spin)

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Aug 28 20:56:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 04:45:59PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I don't think that a spin shipped without SELinux is really something
> that we want to call Fedora IMHO.

So far the trademark guidelines haven't had a use case where we
required a package or a feature.  While I want to see SELinux retained
in the main Fedora release, there may well be a good reason for a
Fedora spin or derivative to not include it.

Perhaps Spins need specific features retained; are Spins merely
different package sets?

Fedora derivatives are certainly more than just different package
sets.

-Matt