Policy on DST

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Dec 3 22:00:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Luis Villa (luis at tieguy.org) said:
>> > Yes, but... if any particular group is only in one timezone, or one DST
>> > area... why should they move their meeting?
>>
>> If any particular group is only in one timezone (other than
>> translators), you're probably doing something wrong ;)
>
> It depends on the group - there's a Fedora EMEA group that I wouldn't
> begrudge use of the channel to,

You're right; translation->translation or other traditionally
geography-tied groups.

> and there have been times where the
> entire board was in North America.

That falls into the 'probably doing something wrong' category. :)

(I don't know if Ubuntu still does this, but at one time their public
IRC meetings rotated by +6 hours every meeting, so that at some point
all members had to attend sleepy and cranky, and vice-versa all
members of 'the public' in the less favored time zones at some point
or another got a chance to attend a less-lousy meeting time. May be
something to consider for the public board IRC meetings.)

Luis