Policy on DST

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:11:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 12:50:40PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> > While we should certainly keep the schedule page in UTC, I'm not sure
> > we should hold the users to fixed slots therein, as long as they
> > keep it updated.
>
> This would feel better if we had a system with multiple irc
> conferences rooms...equipped with logbots so meetings and participants
> could just move to the next available room instead of trying to
> walling into a room other meetings are using.

We have other meeting rooms established (#fedora-meeting-{1..4}), but
there are rarely people in them, whereas lots of people camp in the
main #fedora-meeting.  OTOH we keep meeting logs and summaries for a
reason beyond simple transparency; they're also for reference by
people who don't or can't make the meetings themselves.  Whether it's
a logbot or a wiki page, interested people do still have to read the
content.

/me continues arguing with himself.