Copying GPL code from one project to another: Legal Question

Hi List,

I have a legal question that I'm not sure about.  I would like to copy
some code from snake, a project hosted on hosted.fp.o, written by
jlaska, copyrighted attributed to RH, into smolt, which the copyrights
are attributed to Mike McGrath.  I'm making some changes to the code,
and of course keeping the GPL license.  How do I label the copyrights?
 In Mike's name? in RH's name? in both?  And how do I label it
exactly?

Please advise,

Yaakov Nemoy