Re: How to recognize contributor achievement (Re: LWN Subscriptions for Fedora contributors.)

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Francesco Ugolini
<fugolini fedoraproject org> wrote:
>  Just a question: can this issue be discussed by the Fedora Board?

We are making an effort to use the fedora-advisory-board list for as
much discussion on as many topics as we can.  We really want to leave
the private board list for sensitive crap that we can't really have a
full open discussion about. And then the board conference calls are
for actually "voting" or "decreeing" or tasking things out to people
on the board to follow up on.

The reality is, the best new ideas and the passionate people to drive
them forward  gonna come from outside the board members, so taking
this to a private list isn't in anyone's best interest.  What the
Board can do is guide new leaders for new areas, and when necessary
beat down whatever roadblocks exist that are getting in their way.

-jef