How to recognize contributor achievement (Re: LWN Subscriptions for Fedora contributors.)

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 25 18:31:53 UTC 2008

2008/2/25, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Francesco Ugolini
>  <fugolini at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>  >  Just a question: can this issue be discussed by the Fedora Board?
>

> We are making an effort to use the fedora-advisory-board list for as
>  much discussion on as many topics as we can.  We really want to leave
>  the private board list for sensitive crap that we can't really have a
>  full open discussion about. And then the board conference calls are
>  for actually "voting" or "decreeing" or tasking things out to people
>  on the board to follow up on.
>
>  The reality is, the best new ideas and the passionate people to drive
>  them forward  gonna come from outside the board members, so taking
>  this to a private list isn't in anyone's best interest.  What the
>  Board can do is guide new leaders for new areas, and when necessary
>  beat down whatever roadblocks exist that are getting in their way.
>
>  -jef

I don't want to ask you to make a private discussion, i think this
place (fedora-advisory-board list) is right for such discussion and
personally i like to take part in the "external" discussion of this
issue (i'm interested in it). I only wanted to know if Fedora Board
was discussing it yet.

Thank you for your work

Francesco