dormant bugs and our perception

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 16:04:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> A QA/BugTriage community or lack thereof is a situation for a large
> number of FOSS Projects. Which is kind of strange since it provides a
> relatively practical means to learn about the internals as well as earn
> developer respect. Perhaps projects along the line of GHOP (not that
> specifically, but like that) which allow putting such building blocks of
> knowledge as means to contribute would help. Presentations/workshops
> specifically don't - Rahul / mether has been doing them on and off but
> without much uptake

Honestly, it's pretty thankless work.

What we need is a leader.  Someone who wants to step up and say "we will
have Fedora bug days every Friday (or whatever) from this time to this
time, and I will be in #fedora-qa doing it myself, and teaching everyone
else who wants to learn."

I would do it, but, um, I'm washing my hair on Fridays.  ;)

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager