dormant bugs and our perception

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:46:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 7:29 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> And since Luis was adamant about going back to law school, instead of
> taking the prestigious Fedora bugmastering job... :)

So... how..where.. do we advertise and recruit for a volunteer
leadership position that we all agree we need (and one that none of
the usual suspects wants to do?)

What completely unrealistic promises do I need to make to get someone
to do this position for 6 months?

If I promised them a one of a kind t-shirt would that help?  Sort of
like the Tour  De France Gold Jersey?  We hand out a gold bugmaster
t-shirt every 6 months to someone brave enough to take the lead in
that area for that period of time?

Can we commit to giving the bug master significant billing in the
release notes for the release coming out at the end of his/her 6 month
tenure?

-jef"Don't look at me I tried to do that job back during FC1,2 and
like all good middle management I've succeeded by failing
upward"spaleta