dormant bugs and our perception

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 05:17:08 UTC 2008

Christopher Aillon said the following on 01/02/2008 08:37 PM Pacific Time:

>>> How about setting up a bugzilla.fedoraproject.org?
>>>

>> What would it be for?
>>

> A way to clear the deck.
> A way to keep RH bugs separate from Fedora bugs
> A way to further the idea that Fedora is different from RH

Oh, a separate bugzilla instance... then we would have to juggle both
instances for a while?  That doesn't address the problem at hand and I
think creates more problems then we want to deal with now.  It also
affects integration with RHEL.

http://poelcat.wordpress.com/2007/09/06/a-separate-fedora-bugzilla-instance/

Maybe someday that will be a good idea, but considering we cannot
coordinate bug triage well right now I think it is a bad idea to
complicate the situation by a factor of 10.

John