FUDCon and session filming

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:36:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 12:54 +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 6:53 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I seem to remember some sessions last year being recorded and made
> > available on the world wide interweb.  Will we (more thinking Red Hat
> > but anyone really) have any resources to make sure more sessions are
> > recorded this year?  Some of these sessions REALLY should be recorded [...]
>
> +1. Even raw footage from a static tripod-mounted camera is something
> than nothing. I was psyched last year to watch some hackergotchis
> springing to life and Karsten getting ecstatic about lowering the
> barrier for entry to new contributors.
>
> FWIW, I'll be bringing a HD camcorder and some tapes/wiring.

I'll have a (SD) MiniDV camcorder and a tripod.  I also have a *VERY*
inexpensive but highly effective homemade "steadicam" which I can easily
lend to anyone who's got time to use it.  (It's far less glamorous than
it sounds, but you wouldn't believe how well it works.)

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/